29 January 2011

Lunch on the balcony and using a Christmas present!

Lunch on the balcony was a welcome treat.  It has been wet and windy here lately and we haven't been able to enjoy al fresco dining!

 

We served sushi, salads, party pies, watermelon, nectarines and orange juice to drink.
  We love summer fruits and being able to eat outside...


 We didn't chat about anything much but just enjoyed each others company. 




We sat at our Jamie Durie outdoor table and bench seats, purchased from Big W.  Our new Christmas present covered us nicely from the summer sun!  This was my gift from Mr Echoes.  I am told I am difficult to buy for.  I find it hard to tell people what to buy me when they ask what I want.


 But I was pleased when I remembered I wanted one of these babies and Mr Echoes thought it was a great idea!


It is secured at the mo by some pavers.  We can screw it down instead but then we can't move it around!  It works a treat - except when it is windy, then it doesn't work at all!


It's easy to put up and opens out to 3 metres wide, perfect for shading ourselves when the sun is too hot!

Have you got an outdoor area where you can eat?  Or a great Chrissie present you just love?
Enjoy your weekend! :)

No comments: