05 March 2011

Weekend wonders and freebies...


It is amazing what you can do with a computer and a printer,
this little beauty was done in an afternoon.

I went through the alphabet using each letter in order, 
and came up with a type of food or something to do with the kitchen.

I printed it out using different fonts and framed it in a frame I had painted white.
It was easy and because I typed it I can change the words on a whim.


The frame sits on an old box I turned sideways to make into a little set of shelves.
I picked up the box on the side of the road in a council clean up last year.

 I thought twice about picking it up,
but was glad I did, as I have had heaps of comments and questions about where I got my rustic shelves!

They come in handy for our kitchen radio, a small basket of cables and chargers, an old jar full of spare change, and our telephone.  I like the spot on the top for a little vignette of odds and ends.

At the moment it has a beautiful dove that used to be be grandmother's.  A large frame I am in the middle of spray painting and a collection of white bowls.
 

There are all these holes at the side which I really like, it adds to the rustic charm. I use little star pins at the side to attach invitations or cards I like.
I love it when you find freebies that work well in your home,
what have you found lately?


Take care and enjoy your weekend,

No comments: